MAICSA ICSA International Qualifying Scheme (IQS)
ICSA, the leading recognised professional body for Chartered Secretaries and Administrators in the United Kingdom and throughout the world. The Institute was formed in 1891 and was granted the Royal Charter in 1902, which set the seal of authority and royal recognition on that belief. Chartered Secretaries are qualified in company law, accounting, corporate governance, administration, company secretarial practice and management and are trained to chart a course through regulation, legislation and best practice in order to deliver effective operations. The Institute has 44,000 members and 28,000 students in over 90 countries.
The Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrator (MAICSA)
MAICSA, was founded in 1959 as an affiliated body to The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, United Kingdom. Membership of the Institute is limited only to members of the Institute residing in Malaysia, namely Fellows and Associates, Graduates and students. MAICSA as a premier professional body in company secretaryship and administration exists to serve the needs of the various sectors of society, in particular, the corporate sector. MAICSA aims not only to generate a cadre of professional and trained manpower but also acts as a catalyst for the growth and development of the commercial and industrial sectors of our country.
International Qualifying Scheme (IQS)
- The IQS is an express route for holders of recognised Bachelor and Master degrees who wish to take up the ICSA program.
- Graduates from recognised universities are admitted directly into the Professional Part 1 program
- Entry to the IQS is divided into two categories, namely Related Degree and Non-Related Degree holders
- Candidates who have completed the PDCA program
- Advanced Diploma holders (recognised equivalent to degree)
- Non-related degree holders
Professional Part – 1
- Strategic and Operations Management
- Corporate Law
- Financial Accounting
Professional Part – 2
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Administration
- Corporate Financial Management
- Corproate Secretaryship